Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy Summer

There is only one week of school left for my two big kids and then it is summer. I always have mixed feeling about summer break. I love my kiddos but keeping them entertained can be a problem.  And this summer is going to be the craziest and busiest yet. We have a family vacation on my side, a wonderful cruise thanks to my parents. Then we have our annual camp out with my DH's family, in Black Hills country. I am scouring Pinterst for fun thing to do, especially since DH has a work trip and Boy Scout camp that will leave me alone for 8 days. 

So while thinking about this crazy summer I decided that I needed to do some prep work to keep these crazies happy this summer.  What better way to keep them happy then with cookies!   I love to make cookie dough, portion it out and then freeze them. I love that I can pull a few out or a whole batch let them defrost for a bit and then bake them. I have been through my Pinterest dessert board, picked cookies that I think would freeze well (I have only done chocolate chip, sugar, and snicker doodles before), and made a shopping list of the things I don't have on hand or will run out of. I am going to spend the next few days making dough. I will let you know how it goes, which ones freeze well and which ones don't. 

It is going to be a big upfront expense to get all the ingredient but I think that it will safe us a lot of money not buying a bunch of store bought junk food.


My List of cookies to freeze:

Snicker doodle (Betty Crocker)
Chocolate Peanut Butter (on bag of Reese Peanut Butter Chips)
Cherry Limeade Cookies (my own creation)

Lets See how crazy I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment